The Code section shown below was retrieved from the website of The Alabama Legislature. You may view the entire Code of Alabama on that website.
The information contained at this web site is provided as a public service; however, its content includes links which access other internet resources and websites. The Alabama Secretary of State’s Office is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites. The Alabama Secretary of State’s Office is not responsible for reliance on any information contained within the site.
Back to Election Law Titles
Reimbursing counties for election expenses - "Expenses" defined.
As used in this chapter, the term "expenses" shall include the following items and any other items approved as reimbursable expenses by the Election Expense Reimbursement Committee pursuant to Section 17-16-2.1:
(1) The compensation and mileage provided by law for election officials.
(2) The compensation provided by law for the clerk or other official acting as absentee election manager.
(3) The costs of ballots, supplies, and other materials or equipment necessary for election officials to conduct elections as required by law and as certified by the judge of probate as chief election official of the county.
(4) The costs of absentee ballots, supplies, postage, and other materials required by law to be furnished to the absentee election manager.
(5) The cost of preparing and furnishing the lists of qualified electors to the election officials as required by law.
(6) The cost of publishing any notice or other item related to any election and required by law, including, but not limited to, the publication of notice of any election and any voter lists.
(Acts 1955, No. 160, p. 406, §1; §17-21-1; amended and renumbered by Act 2006-570, p. 1331, §78; Act 2011-147, p. 276, §1.)